Integral Construction Guidelines for building your new home on a solid foundation
Follow these tips when constructing a new home or remodeling these tips
- Whether your new house is on pier and beam or concrete slab the foundation is its most important component. Do not try to save money by skimping on foundation construction. A soil evaluation must be performed before a proper foundation system can be designed.
- Be sure your builder incorporates proper grading, proper piering for your soil conditions, proper drainage, waterproofs the foundation, and installs a vapor barrier.
- Include gutters and downspouts in your home plan.
- Be sure that pier and beam foundations have vapor barriers installed and are properly vented.
- Conduct a yearly inspection of your foundation, driveway, and sidewalks. When drainage or other problems are detected correct them immediately. This is important especially during the first 6 – 10 years after the construction of a new house as it’s during this time the home experiences the greatest settling.
or call us at 206-362-4162